<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 28, 2005

People all over the world are doing stupid things every day. They lop off their appendages to show love. They try to get other people in trouble and have their plans backfire in astronomical proportions. They file frivolous lawsuits. They exemplify the lowest common denominator day in and day out, and beg to be stripped from the gene pool.

You may have noticed that I often write about such individuals, as I am shocked, amazed, bemused, and amused by them and their actions. I recently received a comment from someone who was upset that I mentioned a relative's unfortunate demise back in a March writing. In a nutshell: guy wanted to get neighbor in trouble, called 911 claiming his neighbor stabbed him, then to add realism, stabbed himself. As a result, this individual died.

To that person: I'm sorry for your loss, truly I am. I am not, however, sorry for pointing out that your relative died at his own hand doing an immensely stupid act for a purpose no more noble than to get his innocent neighbor in trouble.

There are too many lunatics running the asylum, and too many people afraid of backlash from the politically correct to simply point out when someone is just plain stupid. It is sad, but it is true that this person lost his life due to fatal stupidity.

I apologize if my bluntness offended you, however stupidity offends me. The unnecessary loss of a person's life due to personal stupidity offends me. The mere fact that someone could have been old enough to be living out on his own and surviving in society and yet STILL have such a ludicrous idea - with the simple goal of getting some other guy in trouble when the desired victim was not even in the vicinity - offends me as well.

There's a belief in some circles that one should learn from others' deaths.

What could people learn from this death? Not to stab ones' self in an attempt to get a neighbor in trouble? Is that really a lesson that anyone needed to explicitly learn?


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?