<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Today in History: Mar 16 1949 Erik Estrada of CHiPs fame was born. Oooooh, I'm swoooooning!!!!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Don't Call Me Shirley


A Chinese couple didn't notice that their only child was male until puberty hit! For 13 years the pair thought their son was, in fact, a daughter and dressed the child in girl's clothing and imposed the usual female lifestyle expectations upon...uh...him. Then they got concerned when they started noticing a "reaction in the lower half of [her] body" whenever a hot chickie was on TV.
They took their kiddo to the hospital to find out what the problem might be, and it turned out that the reaction is something called an erection. Tee hee.
Doctors determined that, rather than stupid parents, the kid has a rare condition that makes the sexual organs be hidden from view. He's had surgery now, and is a fully functional pubescent male. With a lot of adjustments to do.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Speaking of Erections (what? Me? Obsessed?)


Igancio Cabrera, a very excitable 25 year old, has checked himself into the hospital in Villa Gonzalez with an erection that has lasted (so far) six days. He insists he has not made use of any stimulants or meds of any sort. Docs state he needs immediate surgery, else he may become impotent.

Crowds of tourists and a high number of nurses and doctors have appeared at his bedside to observe his...predicament. Heh.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Career Advice: Check It Before You Send It

To: All Colleagues

Boy, am I an idiot. I wrote this really sexy email to my boyfriend Alex while I was at work at this place called Hobsons (a student careers advice firm), and accidentally sent it to some big old distribution list at the office!

Jeepers, was I embarrassed when the WHOLE COMPANY, practically, got to read that "My sunburn on my back is sore and I need you to rub some moisturiser in for me. We'll have to get some massage oil too...I have to write a sucky 'thank you' email to clients now."

I guess when I got into the sex talk in my letter, about what we could do with all that oil and stuff, well...I must have just gotten too excited to click on Alex's name in my contact list.
So I sent it pretty much company-wide and then those meanies, instead of just telling me I made a mistake, forwarded my personal private message to my love buns ALL OVER the place. To, like, THOUSANDS of people.

I sure hope I don't get fired.

Thank you,
Sharon Dyson.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Last Call

The owner of the Greenwood Hotel in Sydney AU has kicked out a bunch of regulars from the hotel bar. He says they have been casting spells in his pub and he doesn't like it. "People found their behaviour strange and threatening... casting spells on bars in the hotel or clearing bars with certain spells...They talk about casting spells and they brought with them, I believe, a small cauldron." Scary stuff, I tell you. One of the PaganPages (the offending group), Suzanne Maxim, denies any of this. They gather to discuss pagan stuff, but not cast spells...especially not in a hotel bar: "It's not a very sacred space."

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Gum Control Measures Loosened in Singapore

Yes, I said Gum Control. Singapore has finally decided to partially lift its ban on chewing gum. In a blow to eager chewers, however, the only acceptable gum will be Nicorette: a foul nicotine gum used by folks trying to quit smoking. Health authorities consider this kind of gum therapeutic and are allowing it to be chewed as part of a free-trade agreement with the US.
Gum has been outlawed in Singapore since 1992, because people were irritated by wads of pre-chewed gum appearing on the streets.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Whoops! Timberrrrrrrrr!

So the people who live in Schieder-Schwalenberg (Germany) complained about a little ash tree growing near their big 500-year-old oak tree. The oak was mighty and majestic, and quite the tourist attraction and brought hundreds of artists to the city on a regular basis. The ash was, well, a 5 year old ash.

The town council therefore sent out some lumberjacks to chop down the offending tree, which they did. Then they accidentally sent out a group of lumberjacks the next day to do the same task. Seeing the big old oak and nothing else, these industrious lads not only chopped the tree down, they then busted it into smithereens to be used as firewood.

A witness has been quoted by ananova as saying, "It was a massacre. They were like animals. They left only the stump."

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?